Sporting success for Lowestoft school
- Credit: Archant
Talented youngsters from a Lowestoft academy are celebrating after they were triumphant in a rugby tournament.
Pupils from Ormiston Denes Academy (ODA) under 12s qualified for the county finals following success in yesterday's (Tuesday) North Suffolk School Games northern area rugby tournament played at Southwold Rugby Club.
It means the ODA year seven boys team now represent the northern area in the school county finals in March.
They kicked off with a 5-0 victory over Thomas Mills High School, before the points were shared after a 0-0 draw with Benjamin Britten Music Academy.
The third game saw ODA beat Hartismere 10-0 before they won the final match 10-0 against Bungay High.
You may also want to watch:
Try scorers were Ethan Hodds (4) and Owen Woods (1). The team was: George Sibbald (captain), Ethan Hodds, Chase Hodds, Owen Woods, Joshua Fisher, Troy Turrell, Aiden Marcelli, Logan Sutton, James Bryenton-Rochard, Sydney Lock, Joshua Glover and Cory Jay.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre