Sporting success for Lowestoft school
- Credit: Archant
Talented youngsters from a Lowestoft academy are celebrating after they were triumphant in a rugby tournament.
Pupils from Ormiston Denes Academy (ODA) under 12s qualified for the county finals following success in yesterday's (Tuesday) North Suffolk School Games northern area rugby tournament played at Southwold Rugby Club.
It means the ODA year seven boys team now represent the northern area in the school county finals in March.
They kicked off with a 5-0 victory over Thomas Mills High School, before the points were shared after a 0-0 draw with Benjamin Britten Music Academy.
The third game saw ODA beat Hartismere 10-0 before they won the final match 10-0 against Bungay High.
You may also want to watch:
Try scorers were Ethan Hodds (4) and Owen Woods (1). The team was: George Sibbald (captain), Ethan Hodds, Chase Hodds, Owen Woods, Joshua Fisher, Troy Turrell, Aiden Marcelli, Logan Sutton, James Bryenton-Rochard, Sydney Lock, Joshua Glover and Cory Jay.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 4 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 5 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 6 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 7 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 8 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 9 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
- 10 Man ran onto train tracks to escape Covid police