Spooky festival for all the family set to return to Beccles this Halloween
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A spooky festival will be returning to Beccles for the second time this Halloween.
Beccles Pumpkin Festival will be back at a new venue on Sunday, October 29, from 4pm to 8pm.
Held for the first time last year at The Avenue near Beccles Common, the festival was a big hit with families and will once again include corporate pumpkins, a fancy dress competition and a contest for children to enter their own carved pumpkins.
This year the festival is being staged on the grassed area to the left of Morrisons supermarket off George Westwood Way, with the car park open for visitors to use.
The organisers are currently looking for local pubs, clubs, businesses and organisations to have a corporate pumpkin at this year's event. The large pumpkins will be carved by their owners and put on display, with members of the public invited to vote for their favourite. An engraved shield will be up for grabs for the winners and during the evening visitors will be able to bid on the pumpkins and take them home for Halloween.
There will also be a competition for families to enter their own home-carved pumpkins, with prizes up for grabs for adults and children, along with fancy dress competitions.
The event will also include a variety of stalls selling Halloween items, face painting, local crafts and food stands.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 3 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 4 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 5 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 8 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 9 The best fossil hunting spots across East Anglia
- 10 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
Funds raised will be donated to Beccles Lido, which is running a campaign to raise more than £100,000 for a new toilet black.
A spokesman for the festival said: 'This is the biggest single project that the volunteer team has had to raise funds for and they are already over half way to their target. We are hoping that Beccles Pumpkin festival can give them the added boost they need to complete the much-needed project.'
Entry to this year's event will cost £1 per adult, with accompanied children free. Each paying adult will receive a voting slip to choose their favourite pumpkin.
Anyone who would like to enter a corporate pumpkin can email email@example.com or call 01502 217324.
The same email can also be used for anyone who would like to run a stall on the night, although food, drink and sweet stands are already fully booked.
For more information visit the Beccles Pumpkin Festival Facebook page.