Sponsors are sought for town’s Tornado trail
- Credit: Ian Burt
A Tornado trail in King's Lynn this summer is gearing up to be just as popular and successful as last year's Spitfire event.
It is again being organised by air cadets from the 42F (King's Lynn) Squadron Air Training Corps, and will run from July to September.
Flt Lt Pauline Petch, of RAF Volunteer Reserve (training branch), said: 'The Spitfire event was a tremendous success for tourism, and also raised over £3,000 for charity.
'Building on this success, and in support of RAF Marham, which celebrates its centenary this year and is the home of the Tornado, plans are now well under way.
'Fibreglass models of Tornado GR4s will be painted and erected throughout the town on a flightpath, with boards displaying the history of RAF Marham along the trail.
'West Norfolk Council and RAF Marham are among the supporters of the event – 10 Tornados are already sponsored – and I now need more sponsors.
'This year I would also like to see if local artists can help with decorating and painting. The cost of each is £550 plus VAT and by sponsoring one of these aircraft the sponsor's logo is on the trail leaflets, on a board beside the model, on the banners and in all the PR.'
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 4 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 5 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 6 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 7 Norwich man in court over £3.5m whiskey theft
- 8 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 9 Factory worker was found dead at home, court told
- 10 The best places to eat in north Norfolk according to The Good Food Guide
RAF Marham will celebrate its centenary year by holding 100 commemorative events throughout 2016. Station commander Group Captain Richard Davies said one event was a link-up with cadets on the Tornado trail.
For more details, call Pauline on 01553 842149 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What big event have you got planned in Lynn this year? Email email@example.com