Sponsored walk from Gorleston to Hopton raises funds for dog rescue charity
- Credit: Archant
Students and dogs have teamed up to support an animal rescue charity.
Level 3 animal science students at East Coast College have raised more than £200 for the Little Heaven Shelter dog rescue charity in Romania.
The students raised the money by organising a sponsored dog walk starting by the Ocean Room in Gorleston.
They walked to Hopton and took a picture at the furthest point before they turned to go back to the starting point.
The group said it was a challenge for the dogs as there were some really small ones taking part not used to walking that far.
You may also want to watch:
Among the group was college favourite, Seamus the animal care dog.
The charity looks after unwanted Romanian street dogs, gives them the veterinary treatment they need and finds them homes all over Europe.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 6 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 7 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 8 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 9 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
Little Heaven Shelter is located near Bucharest and has room for 15 dogs at a time.