Spixworth Amateur Players are encouraging people to watch their signed performance of Jack and the Beanstalk
A Norfolk amateur dramatics group wants to encourage more people to come and watch its pantomime show's special signed performance.
For a number of years the Spixworth Amateur Players has done signed performances to give the hard of hearing the opportunity to enjoy their shows.
This year its production Jack and the Beanstalk is being signed by a British Sign Language interpreter on Thursday, February 16 at 7.30pm at Spixworth Village Hall.
The show's director Lynne Jeffrey said that while the pantomime run was proving popular in general, less interest had been shown in the signed show than in previous years and they were trying to get news of their signed performance out to a wider community of people. We would very much like to carry on with the signed performances, but if we do not get the people coming to watch then we can no longer justify them,' she said.
Mrs Jeffrey said the Players' production of Jack and the Beanstalk offered people young and old the chance to enjoy some good old-fashioned pantomime fun.
You may also want to watch:
'It is a very light and bright and funny show, and our pantomime cow Buttercup is lovely,' she said.
Jack and the Beanstalk runs from Saturday, February 11 until Thursday, February 16.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 3 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 4 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 5 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 8 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 9 May 17 easing: What UEA virus expert will and won't be doing
- 10 Couple launch new park café after market success
Tickets for the signed performance show cost �4. Tickets for all the other shows cost �6 for adults and �5 for concessions.
To book tickets call Mrs Jeffrey on 01603 897605 or email email@example.com photo: bill smith