Spitfire and Mustang to headline Old Buckenham airshow
Two of the world's most iconic fighters will be gracing the skies over a Norfolk village on June 24 when an airshow returns after a year off.
Spitfire and Mustang fighters will be among the aircraft putting on displays at the Old Buckenham Airshow, which did not take place last year.
The MH434, a Spitfire MkIXb, has appeared in a number of films including The Longest Day, The Battle of Britain, A Bridge Too Far, Hope and Glory and Land Girls while the P51 Mustang, named Ferocious Frankie, is arguably the most famous Mustang in the world having starred in the films Memphis Belle, Empire of the Sun and Saving Private Ryan.
However, there will be more than 100 visiting aircraft at the revamped show, covering aviation from the first world war to the latest hi-tech aerobatic aircraft.
In addition, more than 400 classic car owners have booked a place to exhibit their vehicles at the show and more than 150 military vehicles will be on display from vintage Harley Davidsons to Multiple Launch Rocket Systems.
You may also want to watch:
Other highlights will include first world war dog fighting with machine guns by The Great War Display, a very rare and very loud Antonov AN2 and Wildcat Aerobatics, the airfield's home based team.
There will also be live jazz bands, a fairground and the RAF Battle of Britain Memorial Flight's Spitfire.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 5 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 6 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'