Spider season has come early this year - and they are creeping into homes
- Credit: Lydia Taylor
Spiders are appearing indoors earlier this year due to the recent heatwave.
Spider season, the time where large spiders invade UK homes in search of a mate, usually takes place in Autumn.
The influx of house spiders usually occurs in September after the arachnids have spent a summer gorging on flies and growing sexually mature.
This year, however, the recent heatwave created ideal conditions for spiders to thrive and develop earlier than usual.
Because of their increased access to food via an increased insect population, many male spiders have already reached the stage where they're coming inside in search of a female mate.
Large house spiders are already being spotted in people's homes across the country.
Have you seen more spiders in your house recently? How do you react to them? Let us know in the comments.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 4 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 5 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 6 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 9 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 10 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment