Speedy servers captivate Cromer crowds
Record crowds flocked to Cromer's seafront to watch as speedy servers from across the town battled it out in the annual waiter race.
As part of the week long carnival celebrations the promenade was transformed into a racetrack for the culinary competitors during the popular event held yesterday afternoon.
Dozens of well-wishers gathered to cheer them on as they dashed from the pier to the former Bath House hotel and back again with a tray full of drinks.
The pressure was on as staff had to try not to spill their cargo while hotfooting it back to the finish line as quickly as possible.
Chris Henderson, from the Links Country Park Hotel in West Runton, and Anna Baker, from Cromer's Red Lion Hotel, proved to be the niftiest competitors scooping first place in the waiter and waitresses race respectively.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Henderson, 20, said: 'I'm sure my mum will be proud.'
Prizes were also given out to Jamie Barnes, from the Red Lion, and Kim Wilson, from the Virginia Court Hotel, Cromer, who were crowned the best dressed waiter and waitress. The carnival celebrations continue today with arena events, starting from 10.30am.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 8 Do you recognise this man?
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday