Speedway fans greet news of a possible return for Norwich team as “brilliant”
News of a possible shock return of a speedway team to Norwich have been welcomed by excited local fans of the sport.
The Norwich Evening News revealed earlier today that the Royal Norfolk Agricultural Association (RNAA) has been in discussions for several months with a tenant who wants to build a track at the eastern edge of the Royal Norfolk Showground at the former driving range, near the Costessey Park and Ride.
Users of www.eveningnews24.co.uk have largely welcomed the news.
Skoalbandit simply said: 'Where do I pre-book my tickets?? I cant wait.' While others left comments similar to Daisy Roots, who wrote: 'Brilliant. Not everyone likes football, there is not a lot else going on in the way of spectator sport.
'Norwich had a big speedway fan base and not everyone can travel to (King's) Lynn.'
You may also want to watch:
Five times world champion and Norwich Stars favourite Ove Fundin, the Flying Fox from Sweden, is now expected to return to Norwich from his home in the south of France this week to be part of an important announcement on Thursday.
Christopher Neave said: 'This sounds good as it is the only sport I support and I will definitely attend meetings when I am not working.
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 10 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
'As has been mentioned there was a large speedway fan base in Norwich and with a local track again I feel sure it will have great support. Good of Ove to come back, he really was the Norwich star.'
- For much more about the early plans, and a look back at the history of Speedway in Norwich, including a nostalgic photo gallery, see the links at the top-right of this page.