Special open days planned at Lowestoft War Memorial Museum
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The Lowestoft War Memorial Museum will be holding the first of its 2017 open days this month.
The museum in Sparrow's Nest Gardens, will be open on Sunday, July 9, from noon to 4pm and again on Monday, July 10 from 10.30am to noon.
Costumed characters will talk visitors through items of the museum's collection which are not normally on display to the public including knee pads used by a member of the SAS on their first ever operation in the Second World War.
Visitors will also get the chance to handle some objects including pieces from the First World War archaeology collection.
Anyone interested in helping with fundraising activities or as a volunteer at the museum will be especially welcome.
You may also want to watch:
Entry will be by donation.
For further information search for Lowestoft War Memorial Museum on Facebook, email the curator at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.lowestoftwarmemorialmuseum.co.uk
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople
- 10 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk