WATCH ‘This is a special message for Denver’ - boxing star Tyson Fury shares video ahead of charity match
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
British boxing superstar Tyson Fury has shared a 'special message' with brave four-year-old Denver Clinton ahead of a charity football match in Dereham today.
In a video shared on social media, the former heavyweight champion said: 'This is Tyson Fury, aka the Gypsy King.
'This is a special message for Denver Clinton. I just want to say hey buddy.'
The 30-year-old battled serious mental health issues to make a triumphant return to the ring earlier this year.
Fury drew with American Deontay Wilder in Los Angeles on December 2, and told Denver: 'I hope you're well. I hope you enjoyed my fight.
You may also want to watch:
'I'd like to see you soon and I'm going to get you one of these hats and give it to Billy Joe.'
Denver is set to join boxer Billy Joe Saunders, who thanked Fury for putting him 'back on the right track', for his ring walk at Manchester arena at his next fight.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 7 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
Fury said: 'I'm going to get a glove and sign it and send to Billy and he's going to give it to you.'
He added: 'All the best, son. God bless.'
A line up of boxers, Norwich City players and reality TV stars are set to join forces for the charity match in Dereham this afternoon, with Norwich City All Stars XI taking on Help Delete Cancer FC.
• For more details, follow the Denver's Journey page on Facebook.