Special memorial service for former Catton Grove Infants school headteacher Margaret Ashcroft
- Credit: Archant � 2010
A memorial service is taking place at the weekend for a former headteacher on what would have been her 98th birthday.
The service to remember Margaret Ashcroft will be at St Peter Mancroft Church, Norwich, on Saturday March 25, 2pm.
Mrs Ashcroft was born and grew up in Manchester.
She married her husband Tom in 1947 and the couple moved to Norwich in 1949.
Their son, Tim, was born a year later.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Ashcroft taught in Norwich from 1949 and was headteacher of Catton Grove Infants School from 1963 until her retirement in 1982.
She was a founder member of the Townswomen Guild in 1953, was involved in the Great Hall Players since 1961 and was a long-running committee member for the Catton Centre.
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 8 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 9 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 10 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
A family tribute read: 'She will always be remembered for her modesty and in helping others succeed; and for her constant search for the next challenge.'