Special all-day music event to celebrate lives of Chris Hardman and Ellie Savage
- Credit: Archant
The lives of two popular local teenagers will be celebrated at a special event in Oulton Broad.
Members of the local community will gather alongside friends and family of Chris Hardman and Ellie Savage at the Flying Dutchman pub tomorrow to enjoy two stages of live music and a cider festival.
Mr Hardman, who achieved fame as Lil Chris, lost his battle with mental illness in 2015, aged 25, while Lowestoft schoolgirl Ellie Savage died from a brain tumour in 2002 at the age of 14.
The Lil Chris Celebration Day and Ellifest have been held on numerous occasions in the past, but this year they will join forces for the biggest event to date.
Peter Redwood, the day's organiser and good friend of Mr Hardman, said: 'Entry is free and there will be 12 hours of live music on two different stages.
'It's important that we celebrate Chris and Ellie's lives and keep their memory alive.'
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 3 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
- 4 Boss 'gutted' after scenes cut from Ed Balls' Who Do You Think You Are?
- 5 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 6 'Oh God almighty, this woman!' - Zoom council meeting descends into chaos
- 7 OPINION: Delight when 'all you can eat' restaurants get their comeuppance
- 8 Emma Thompson backs Norwich charity which helped her daughter
- 9 Car flips over in crash near south Norfolk village
- 10 Unfinished barn conversion to go up for sale at auction