Special anniversary is marked with grand unveiling in Lowestoft park
- Credit: Archant
A new information board has been unveiled in a popular park.
There was a good turn out on a bright and warm afternoon of Monday, May 22 for the unveiling of the new information board to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the birth of Nicholas Everitt.
Members of Friends of Nicholas Everitt Park (FONEP) stood alongside councillors of the newly formed Oulton Broad Parish Council for the unveiling, which was carried out by the chairman of the new council, Ben Falat, and was their first civic duty.
Light refreshments were served afterwards, allowing those present to chat with friends old and new.
Friends of Nicholas Everitt Park members would like to thank Waveney Norse for facilitating the board and for putting it into place.
You may also want to watch:
Are you holding a community event? Tell The Journal by emailing email@example.com or alternatively you can call 01502 525820.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 6 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 7 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 8 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 9 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 10 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns