Spate of crashes across Lowestoft over weekend as drivers experience wintery conditions
- Credit: Archant
It has been a busy 24 hours for the emergency services as they have dealt with a number of collisions across our area.
A woman in her 20s was taken to hospital with a head injury after a crash on the A12 near Blythburgh yesterday evening (Saturday).
An ambulance and rapid response vehicle attended just before 5pm.
'The woman was taken to James Paget Hospital for further care and her injuries are not thought to be life-threatening,' an ambulance spokesman said.
Earlier in the afternoon, at 3.22pm, two ambulance crews were called to a collision on Whites Lane in Kessingland.
The spokesman added: 'Two ambulances attended and treated three patients all with minor injuries.
'They were all taken to James Paget Hospital for further care.'
- 1 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 2 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 3 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 4 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 5 Norfolk couple: 'We’ve lost £30k in cryptocurrency scam'
- 6 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 7 Eleventh McDonald's drive-thru could be set for Norwich
- 8 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 9 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 10 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
On Sunday, the B1375 road, close to the Parkhill Hotel, was closed between Union Lane and the Blundeston Road junction due to an accident.
In the afternoon there were two separate crashes on Britten Road.
Suffolk Police were called at 3.05pm to a crash between a Vauxhall Corsa and a bicycle.
The male cyclist was taken to hospital with a suspected concussion.
Then at around 4pm police were called to a collision between a car and a lamp post. No-one was injured but the street light was damaged.
? Updated information will be provided as soon as it becomes available.