Sparks and smoke come from TVs and DVD players after homes power outage
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A power surge caused sparks and smoke to be emitted from televisions and DVD players in people's homes.
Firefighters in Suffolk were called to St Catherine's Close, in Mildenhall, to reports of a fire involving a TV and DVD player.
After investigation, it was found that a power surge in the area had caused an increase in power outage in multiple properties. This had resulted in sparks and smoke being emitted from electrical appliances within the properties.
Two fire crews attended the incident on Tuesday, August 29 at 9.12am, with the time of stop - when the fire service have the incident under control - at 10.14am.
Meanwhile in nearby West Row, one fire crew was callled to deal with a shed fire in Cricks Road.
The firefighters attended at 6.28pm on Tuesday, August 29, with the incident under control at 7.10pm.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 6 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 7 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 8 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 9 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 10 All I want for Christmas is... a twinkling tractor with fairy lights