Southwold Pier evacuated after smoke detector fault
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk seaside attraction was evacuated today amid fears of a fire.
Visitors were directed away from Southwold Pier this morning following a smoke detector fault.
Peter Webstile, operations manager at the pier said: 'It was only evacuated for safety reasons.
'It was an extremely smooth evacuation.'
Emergency service crews were told to stand down after the fault was found.
You may also want to watch:
The pier is now back open.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 6 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 7 Man defrauded more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm to fund gambling addiction
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Norfolk and Waveney's 30 under 30 - from world-beating athletes to business owners
- 10 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home