Southwold man arrested after cash stolen in church break-in
A 22-year-old man from Southwold has been arrested on suspicion of burglary following a break-in at St Edmunds Church in the town.
The church, at Bartholomews Green in the town, was broken in to overnight on Thursday, September 8 and Friday, September 9.
A quantity of cash was stolen after someone broke a leaded window at the back of the church to gain entry and then forced open a wooden cabinet to steal a metal cash box and envelopes containing money.
'The 22-year-old man was arrested yesterday afternoon, Monday October 10, and was interviewed by officers,' a police spokesman said.
'He has now been bailed to return to Lowestoft police station on October 18.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder