Southwold is setting for crime drama with Martin Clunes and Hermione Norris
IT is one of Suffolk's most iconic resorts – with its traditional charms often attracting attention from far and wide.
And now Southwold will once again feature on our TV screens with the filming of a new ITV drama.
A Mother's Son, starring Spooks actress Hermione Norris and Men Behaving Badly and Doc Martin star Martin Clunes, is about to go into production.
The tense family drama was written by Chris Lang and will be screened over two hour-long episodes.
It tells the tale of a mother who suspects her son has committed a murder and will centre on the fallout from the death of a schoolgirl found in woods near a Suffolk town.
Southwold is no stranger to camera crews, having been the setting of the BBC4 one off drama, Canoe Man, about back-from-the-dead canoeist John Darwin.
It has featured in the film Iris, about the life of Iris Murdoch starring Judi Dench, and the children's programme Grandpa in my Pocket, which is also filmed in Aldeburgh and stars James Bolam.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 7 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas
- 10 Norfolk Labour website tells people not to vote for party
Looking forward to the filming Amanda Bond, brand manager from VisitSuffolk, said: 'Film tourism is an important economic driver and a great way to showcase the county of Suffolk.
'Hopefully it will inspire people to experience the screened places first-hand, while sampling all that is great about the county.'