Southtown Road in Great Yarmouth set for three weeks of roadworks
- Credit: Anne Edwards
A busy Great Yarmouth road is facing three weeks of delays due to a trio of planned roadworks.
From today (February 20) until Friday, delays are expected on Southtown Road, due to the closure of a section of Gordon Road, near the Edward Worlledge school. The 40m section will be closed while works are carried out on a water main, with traffic diverted down Anson Road.
The following week, from Monday, February 27, a 27m stretch will be closed at the Boundary Road junction - this time due to carriageway repairs. This will see the road closed between 6.30pm and 11pm for two evenings.
Then, from Wednesday, March 1, the road will be closed for two evenings at the Gordon Road junction, with further carriageway repairs scheduled. This will see work take place between 6.30pm and 11pm on March 1-2.
Diversions will be in place.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk County Council has apologised for any inconvenience these works may cause.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 6 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 10 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death