‘I don’t take up two seats on a bus any more’ - Southrepps slimmer Tracy Macheta reveals secret to dramatic weight-loss after losing 6st 7lbs in 15 months
- Credit: Slimming World
A super slimmer who was once so fat she took up two seats on a bus has revealed the secrets to her dramatic weight loss in an effort to help other people lose weight.
Tracy Macheta, from Southrepps, lost 6st 7lbs in just 15 months after joining a Slimming World group in Sheringham in January 2016.
She dropped from 18 stone to 11.5 stone after relocating to the area from she relocated from London to Norfolk with her husband Andrew.
And now the 53-year-old mum-of-two has trained to be a consultant for Slimming World and is opening a new group in Mundesley.
Tracey said: 'I hated the way I looked and the fact that people judged me for my size. I felt that certain people didn't take me seriously at work because I was so overweight even though I was professionally qualified and good at my job.
You may also want to watch:
'I was extremely unfit and just walking up a flight of stairs would leave me out of breath.
'I couldn't buy clothes that I liked – I had to buy whatever fitted me and that was usually something shapeless and baggy to cover me up. My self-esteem was at rock bottom and I couldn't see the situation ever changing.'
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?
Tracey revealed she started to dread going on public transport because she could see other passengers praying that she wouldn't try and squeeze into the seat next to them.
But she explained a big factor in her weight loss success was the slimming group's eating plan, which encourages slimmers to eat a wide range of healthy foods.
'I was a serial dieter for over 25 years, always looking for a quick fix to get me to a suitable weight.'
But she added: 'I don't take up two seats on a bus any more, I can walk for a long time without getting puffed, I can buy the clothes I really like in the shops and more importantly I've got my life and confidence back and am now the person I'd always wanted to be.'
Tracey is hoping to inspire more women to follow in her footsteps by joining Slimming World in Mundesley. The first meeting will be held at the Royal Hotel in Paston Road on Tuesday, May 2 at 7.30pm.
For more information or to join the group, pop along on May 2 or call Tracy on 07952 699 422.
Are you celebrating your new self after successful slimming? Email firstname.lastname@example.org