Southrepps Chorale’s successful jubilee debut concert
Southrepps Chorale performed their debut concert in the parish church during the jubilee weekend.
The choir under musical director Stephen Richards took the stage with Norfolk Brass on Friday -filling the church with music including the rousing National Anthem and Land of Hope and Glory as well as Broadway and London medleys.
The audience also joined in a a Swing Low medley. Norfolk Brass under their musical director David Stowell filled St James with sounds ranging from William Walton's Crown Imperial to the King and I and The Titanic film score.
The proceeds will be split between St James Church, Norfolk Brass and Southrepps Chorale
The next performance of the Southrepps Chorale is at the Southrepps Classical Music Festival on Saturday July 14 at 12.30 in St James Church, with Daniel Goode performing Gilbert and Sullivan. For tickets contact the administrator on 0207 207 7654, email email@example.com or visit the festival website www.southrepps-classical-music-festival.org.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 6 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 7 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 8 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast