‘Dele Alley could be coming to South Norfolk soon’ - council makes World Cup road naming pledge
- Credit: Archant
Kane Rise, Maguire Close and Dele Alley.
These are all streets people moving into new builds in South Norfolk could one day be coming home to - if England claim World Cup glory.
As Three Lions fever grips the nation, South Norfolk Council has nailed its colours firmly to the mast, with a suggestion for how it might celebrate if Harry Kane and co bring back the trophy.
While Michael Edney, the council's deputy leader, said the council was unable to organise any public screenings of Wednesday's semi-final with Croatia, they would pay tribute to Gareth Southgate's side in a different way,
He said: 'While wholeheartedly supporting the national team, the council does not have any plans to organise a public screening of England's appearances in the semi-final and then final of the World Cup.
You may also want to watch:
'We will, however, consider naming the streets of our next Big Sky development site after the team when they bring home the trophy.
'Kane Rise, Dele Alley or Maguire Close could be coming to somewhere in South Norfolk soon.'
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 5 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 6 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 7 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 8 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 9 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 10 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
The next development from Big Sky - the development company owned by the council - will be in Cringleford, where the names could end up.
It comes after a road in Lakenham, which already shares a name with manager Gareth Southgate, was customised to honour the England boss.