Hundreds left without power amid high winds
- Credit: UK Power Networks
Hundreds of homes and businesses have been left without power amid high winds that have disrupted supplies.
UK Power Networks said more than 600 homes and businesses around across South Norfolk had been affected by the power losses at about 4.20pm today (January 14).
Engineers have been called in to reconnect supplies.
Households have experienced power cuts in parts of Roydon, Bressingham, North Lopham, Garboldisham, Banham, Old Buckenham, Winfarthing and Shelfanger.
The affected postcodes include IP22 2, NR16 1, NR16 2 and NR17 1.
You may also want to watch:
UK Power Networks said: "Our engineers have arrived on site in the Diss area to investigate the power cut affecting 601 properties.
"Engineers in our control room have switched some customers power back on in the area.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 5 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 City draw up target list
"Specialist engineers are also working to divert power remotely, and this can cause lights to go on and off."
- Keep up to date at UK Power Networks map