South Norfolk nursery to stage popular specialist plant fair
The annual specialist plant fair at Blacksmiths Cottage Nursery in South Norfolk will be held on Saturday, September 1.
Supported by the Royal Horticultural Society, the fair in Langmere, near Dickleburgh, brings together a wide selection of nurserymen and women, who will be offering wide range of interesting seasonal stock ranging from shrubs and trees to bulbs and grasses.
The event runs from 10am to 5pm and entry is �1.50.
Throughout the day, visitors will be able to join a tour looking at the drought tolerant perennial plants in the new gravel garden or meet the Alpaca herd. Free talks in the gallery include BBC Radio Norfolk Gardener, Richard Hobbs picking his favourite autumn bulbs and floral artist Linda Knights will be producing some seasonal displays.
The BBC Radio Norfolk Gardening Team will be ending the day with a Gardening Game Show.
There will be 20 specialist nurseries from across the region and local food producers, including a hog roast.
There will also be a restored gypsy caravan and old gardening tools and Monochrome Photography Exhibition.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 3 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 4 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 5 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 6 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 7 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 8 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 9 Action taken against cold callers who left homeowner 'freaked out'
- 10 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles