Coronavirus: All south Norfolk leisure centres close
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
A district council is closing all of its leisure centres as the government calls on all non-essential movement to be limited.
South Norfolk Council will close all three of its centres from 10pm on Tuesday, March 17.
These include Wymondham, Long Stratton, and Diss Leisure Centres including all fitness classes, access to the gyms, Swim School, Kids Camp, Bananas Soft Play and its 3G pitches with them remaining closed until May, 1.
The council said it will be contacting customers regarding memberships and will not take direct debits on April 1.
During the closure staff will be redeployed to other areas of the council to help provide essential services.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “We apologise for any inconvenience that this closure causes but we are sure that you will understand the reasons for the action we have taken.”
- 1 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 2 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 3 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 4 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 5 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 6 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 7 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 8 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 9 Norfolk man jailed for part in raids to blow up cashpoints
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend