South Norfolk Council gives food hygiene warning ahead of Christmas parties
- Credit: Archant
'Look before you book this Christmas, don't let poor food hygiene ruin your work party'.
That is the message from South Norfolk Council as it warns people of the dangers of food hygiene over the Christmas period.
The Council has said: 'When booking a restaurant for a work's Christmas party this year make sure you choose a venue that is taking food hygiene seriously. So 'look before you book' this festive season and check the food hygiene rating.'
The Food Standards Agency revealed that hygiene levels at restaurants and cafes in South Norfolk are among the highest in the country.
Of the 129 restaurants in South Norfolk 92p/c had the top five star rating with 98p/c achieving four stars or above.
Organisers are encouraged to check the ratings by visiting www.food.gov.uk/ratings or by checking the green and black sticker at the restaurant.
You may also want to watch:
Each business is given their hygiene rating when it is inspected by a food safety officer. They check how well the business is meeting the law by looking at:
• How hygienically the food is handled – how it is prepared, cooked, re-heated, cooled and stored.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 5 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards
- 8 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
• The condition of the structure of the buildings – the cleanliness, layout, lighting, ventilation, pest control and other facilities.
• How the business manages and records what it does to make sure food is safe.
The business is given one of the six ratings from '0-5'.