South Norfolk Council celebrates high accolade in people management
- Credit: Archant
A council is celebrating after being awarded an 'Investors In People Platinum' accreditation, one of the highest accolades for people management.
The accreditation given to South Norfolk Council has previously only been achieved by handful of organisations across the country.
Sandra Dinneen, the council's chief executive, said: 'This is a great achievement for South Norfolk Council, made even more special as it recognises the hard work and progression of the whole team.
'I'm delighted that the drive, ambition and achievements of our staff has translated into the recognition that South Norfolk is one of the highest performing councils in the country.'
Paul Devoy, Head of Investors in People, said South Norfolk was only the second in the country to get the accreditation.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'Investors in People accreditation is the sign of a great employer, an outperforming place to work and a clear commitment to success. South Norfolk Council should be extremely proud of their achievement.'
The standard is made up of nine indicators, each sitting under one of three criteria: leading, supporting and improving.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 3 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 4 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 5 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 6 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 9 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 10 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
Organisations are assessed on how closely they meet these criteria with four stages of progression: 'developed', 'established', 'advanced' and 'high-performing'.
For the platinum accreditation all of the indicators must be achieved, with at least seven of the nine at the high-performing level.
Investors in People is the international standard for people management, defining what it takes to lead, support and manage people effectively to achieve sustainable results.