SOUTH NORFOLK AREA: Emergency services called to several incidents as rain and wind batter area
- Credit: Archant
As heavy rain and strong winds battered the county today ahead of potential flooding in coastal areas, emergency services were called to a number of incidents in south Norfolk.
At 12.45pm, fire fighters from Thetford and Brandon were called to Barretts Lane in Feltwell where cables and poles were down.
The area was made safe and the electricity company were requested.
At 2.45pm, fire crews from Hethersett attended Hargham Road in Attleborough where a tree had been blown down and was blocking the road.
Crews were called to the B1112 at Weeting, near Brandon, at 3.30pm after a tree and power cables were scattered across the road.
You may also want to watch:
At 4.15pm, officers attended Church Street in Wymondham to reports of tiles being blown off a roof. Fire fighters from Wymondham helped to remove the rest of the tiles.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 5 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 8 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 9 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 10 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit