Sour beer from Wisbech brewery picks up medal at awards ceremony
- Credit: Ian Burt
A beer made by a Wisbech-based brewery has been recognised by judges at a national ceremony.
Elgood and Sons' Coolship Mango Sour, the latest addition to their range of sour beers, was given a silver medal at the Society of Independent Brewers (SIBA) event in Liverpool.
The beer picked up the medal in the Speciality Light Beers Category.
Alan Pateman, Elgood's head brewer, who was a judge at the event, said: 'We are very pleased indeed to receive yet another award for one of our Sour Beers. As one of the first UK breweries to develop a Belgian-style, naturally fermented beer, we have been delighted with the continued success of these products in winning prestigious awards.
'This is, of course, reflected in the popularity of the beers in the market place.'
• For more information on the family-owned brewery, click here.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting