Soul star Kenny Thomas’ £80,000 plea after his four-year-old daughter is diagnosed with an aggressive brain tumour
- Credit: PA
Soul singer Kenny Thomas has launched an £80,000 fundraising appeal to help save his daughter after she was diagnosed with a brain tumour.
Four-year-old Christina Thomas was diagnosed last month with a high grade glioma situated in the brain stem.
Mr Thomas, a 1990s soul singer who now lives in Norfolk, has set up a JustGiving page to find an alternative treatment for his daughter.
Recalling the diagnoses on the fundraising page Mr Thomas said: 'Within two hours of receiving this devastating news I found myself sitting in the back of an ambulance with Christina being driven at high speed, blue lights flashing, on our way to a neurology hospital.'
The cancer is so aggressive it can't be operated on or removed and even a biopsy is not without serious risk.
You may also want to watch:
The page states: 'Christina's prognosis is poor but with your help we want to do our best to find alternative treatment for her here in the UK or abroad.'
So far more than £36,000 has been raised but the target is £80,000.
• To donate to the appeal visit https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/kenny-thomas
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople
- 10 Petrol queues causing rush hour delays despite assurances over fuel supply