Woman died after falling in her home, inquest hears
- Credit: Google Maps
A musical theatre-loving mum who was a retired foster carer died after falling in her home, an inquest has heard.
Sonia Harpley, 61, died at her home address of Primrose Square in Swanton Morely on September 28, 2020.
An inquest into her death held at Norfolk Coroner's Court on January 8 heard how Mrs Harpley had fallen over in her home and could not get up.
The ambulance service attended her home, and they began CPR when she went into cardiac arrest after becoming short of breath. She died at the scene.
In a statement read out in court from Mrs Harpley's daughter, Natasha, she said: "Mum was very light-spirited, she loved having people around her and going out for dinner. She also had a great love for music and musical theatre."
Coroner Catherine Wood gave the cause of death as a congested cardiac failure caused by morbid obesity.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 9 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
- 10 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working