Woman died after falling in her home, inquest hears
- Credit: Google Maps
A musical theatre-loving mum who was a retired foster carer died after falling in her home, an inquest has heard.
Sonia Harpley, 61, died at her home address of Primrose Square in Swanton Morely on September 28, 2020.
An inquest into her death held at Norfolk Coroner's Court on January 8 heard how Mrs Harpley had fallen over in her home and could not get up.
The ambulance service attended her home, and they began CPR when she went into cardiac arrest after becoming short of breath. She died at the scene.
In a statement read out in court from Mrs Harpley's daughter, Natasha, she said: "Mum was very light-spirited, she loved having people around her and going out for dinner. She also had a great love for music and musical theatre."
Coroner Catherine Wood gave the cause of death as a congested cardiac failure caused by morbid obesity.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 10 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown