Something for the weekend? Why not visit some pop-up beach hut shops on the north Norfolk coast
- Credit: submitted
You can always tell when spring has started in Burnham Deepdale, on the north Norfolk coast, from the sound of artisans and producers selling their wares from the beach hut pop up shops at Dalegate Market.
The Pop-Up Shop season began on Thursday and runs to the end of October.
Throughout the seven months, Dalegate Market welcomes a whole host of artisans and producers with all manner of products.
There are four beach huts, open each Thursday until the following Tuesday.
On Wednesdays Dalegate Market waves goodbye to the last week's businesses and welcomes four new ones.
You may also want to watch:
Jason Borthwick, who owns Dalegate Market with his father Alister, said: 'Changing the pop up shops weekly keeps the place fresh and interesting. 'We have our permanent shops and Deepdale Café, who are open all year, and the pop up shops add an extra element of interest to the site.
'Estelle and I work hard to find an interesting and varied mix of artisans and producers to join the permanent shops.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 8 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 9 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 10 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
'Each year we see regulars returning and new businesses joining in the mix.
'The pop up shops are a great way for artisans and producers to test the market, have a temporary outlet and meet other businesses to learn from and work with.'
Dalegate Market and their neighbours Deepdale Backpackers and Camping are developing an ever growing programme of events, including markets, music nights and food specials in the café, bringing a wider audience to the artisans and producers in the site.
Businesses already confirmed for the 2017 pop up shop season include Amazing Reptiles, Chop Chop Kitchenware, Black Cat Button, Stitch In Time, Gary Shore Photo, Nutty Crafts, KCR Crafts, Sue Welfare's Making Things, Flitz Fotos, CeeCees, Westfield Forge, Warlingham Wines, Charmaine's Country Collection, Newleaf Woodcraft, So Sweet, Jay Seabrook Printmaker, Cushion Cottage, Stuff with Style, Spare Time, Boo Boutique, Katherena, Hindolveston Crafts in Action, Norfolk Coastal Memories, Maison Le Lou, The Beach Hut Studio, Creakey Crafts, Charron Pugsley-Hill Artist, Tilly Rose, Firefly Designs, Novel Hogs, Cal Lain Artist, La Lievre Jewellery & Artwork by James Buttifant.
Visitors can find full details of Pop Up Shops and other events by visiting www.dalegatemarket.co.uk