Somerleyton Hall to host charity run and walk for the British Red Cross
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Events are being planned at Somerleyton Hall to raise funds for the British Red Cross.
Lord Somerleyton is opening up his grounds on Sunday June 11 for people to take part in a sponsored 10km run or 5km walk.
The event will help to raise money for local services and will also help to support the Refugee Appeal in Europe.
Paul Fleet, senior community fundraiser for British Red Cross in Norfolk and Suffolk, said: 'Without the support of places such as Somerleyton Hall and people like Lord Somerleyton, we would really struggle to provide our services. I really hope the people of Suffolk and Norfolk would like to support us by taking part'
Entry costs £30 for runners and £10 for walkers. Participants should raise at least £30 in sponsorship.
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.redcross.org.uk/Get-involved/Events to sign up or contact Mr Fleet on 01603 253 412 or firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer with the charity locally.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler