Somerleyton Church fundraiser’s efforts are given royal seal of approval
- Credit: Norfolk Churches Trust
A dedicated fundraiser who has amassed thousands of pounds for her church has been given a royal seal of approval.
For the past two events, Mary Truman has taken part in the Norfolk Churches Trust's Bike, Ride and Drive event, single-handedly raising more than £4,000 for her chosen church - Somerleyton.
In 2015, she raised £1,868.75 for the church, which she then managed to top the following year, raising £2,187.50. In 2015 she also raised an additional £578.75 for Herringfleet Church.
Now, in the run up to this year's event on Saturday, she has been honoured with the Prince of Wales's Certificate, giving royal recognition to her fundraising efforts.
The annual event, which sees participants visit as many of Norfolk's religious buildings as possible in one day, will this year be held on Saturday, September 9.
You may also want to watch:
Funds raised are then shared out between the participant's church of choice.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting