Some special guests enjoy a tea party with Norwich Theatre Royal pantomime stars
- Credit: supplied by Norwich Theatre Royal
Some special guests enjoyed a tea party with Norwich Theatre Royal pantomime stars before taking their seats to watch Jack and the Beanstalk at the city venue.
Young people and their families helped by East Anglia's Children's Hospices were guests of honour at the event on Thursday evening.
They had fun meeting the cast and posing for pictures before enjoying the best seats in the house for the festive show.
Joseph Scannell, who is part of the pantomime's ensemble, said: 'It has been lovely and heart-warming. Seeing them all so excited has made me really excited to go and perform on stage.'
Carol Plunkett, East Anglia's Children's Hospices fundraising manager, said: 'I think this is an opportunity for families to have access to the theatre with other people who understand the difficulties and challenges of all going out together. Here they can enjoy the show and get that extra support.
'Having the chance to meet the panto cast was a fun thing to do not just for the children we help but their siblings too. We are very grateful to everyone who has made this happen.'
The whole event was supported by Norfolk-based legal practice Rogers and Norton.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 'Oh God almighty, this woman!' - Zoom council meeting descends into chaos
- 4 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 5 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Boss 'gutted' after scenes cut from Ed Balls' Who Do You Think You Are?
- 7 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 8 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
- 9 OPINION: Delight when 'all you can eat' restaurants get their comeuppance
- 10 Mercedes owner clocked doing 113mph on A47 escapes driving ban
Practice manager Graham Knights said: 'These young people are going through such a tough time. With the help of the cast and the theatre staff, it is so nice to give them a smile and lots of entertainment. We wanted to help wherever we could.'
Jack and the Beanstalk is at the Theatre Royal until Sunday.
Tickets for the pantomime cost £7-£23.50.
For more information and to book tickets, visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk or call the box office on 01603 630000.
Do you have a Norwich arts story? Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at email@example.com