Soloist from Fakenham selected to perform at annual summer concert.
- Credit: Sylvia Newton
A woman from Fakenham has been selected as one of the soloists for Norfolk Symphony Orchestra's (NSO) annual summer concert.
Sylvia Newton, 51 is well known across Norfolk and is very active in both music education and as a performer.
Miss Newton has performed Basson Concerto both at university and with local orchestras.
She forms one of the four principal wind players taking centre stage as soloists in Mozart's Sinfonia Concertante for Four Winds to bring an afternoon of light-hearted music to the chapel.
The summer concert takes place at St Nicholas' Chapel in King's Lynn on Sunday, June 24.
You may also want to watch:
The concert starts at 3.30pm and will feature works by Mozart and Dvoák
Tickets to this concert are free for those who are in the 'Friends of the NSO' Scheme, and priced at £10 for the general public.
For more information, visit www.kingslynncornexchange.co.uk
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council