Snowflakes to brighten up Norwich hospital this Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Shining snowflake lights are set to brighten up Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital when they are turned on for the first time this week.
The display of 30 illuminations have been put out at the front of the building and around the plaza to bring festive cheer to patients, staff and members of the public.
This is the second year the hospital has had a display which will be switched on during the hospital's Christmas fair on Thursday (December 5).
The fair will run from 4pm to 8pm, with the official switch on at 5pm.
The Norfolk & Norwich Hospital Charity is set to benefit following generous donations from businesses.
You may also want to watch:
Louise Cook, head of fundraising at the hospital, said: "This idea has been used by other hospitals in the country to support their hospital charities and we hope that Norfolk businesses will continue to embrace this in years to come.
"We hope that this year's display will be enjoyed by everyone visiting the hospital, and will raise money for the charity which in turn is used to benefit patients, staff and visitors."
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 6 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 7 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 8 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 9 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 10 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
The hospital thanked Serco, AA Waste, Brewers, Carters, Check Your Security, Hicks, Shred Station, Hutchings, and Munro for their support.