Stunning pictures show snowdrops making an early appearance in north Norfolk
- Credit: Gordon Robertson
You could be forgiven for thinking that the snow settling across Norfolk today has been here for a few months.
That's because across the district snowdrops have been budding and blooming, creating their own bright blanket across the region.
Gordon Robertson, from Roughton said: 'I took these photos at Horstead Mill last Thursday.
'I was on my way to Norwich on a lovely sunny morning when I decided to take a detour via the Mill.
'I was not disappointed as there was an abundance of snowdrops.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Robertson added: 'The snowdrops were out earlier this year. They usually appear during January but my first sighting was at Brampton Mill near Buxton at the end of December.'
There are currently snowdrop walks happening all over Norfolk for visitors to enjoy.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
To find out more visit www.experiencenorfolk.uk