Snow showers expected in Norfolk
- Credit: � ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHIC
There were flurries of snow across Norfolk this morning and forecasters have predicted that the wintry weather could continue for the next couple of days.
Norwich-based forecaster Weatherquest said there was a chance that snow showers could persist in the county this afternoon with slightly heavier showers throughout the night.
The snow this afternoon is unlikely to settle but parts of the county could see a covering tonight.
James Wilby, forecaster, said: 'There will be drier air tonight and with the cold temperatures there is a higher chance that we will see some snow showers in Norfolk.
'It will probably only be a dusting but there is the possibility that 1cm could settle on the ground.'
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, there is a risk of ice and frost tomorrow morning which could cause some problems on the county's roads.
Mr Wilby said: 'If there is a bit of rain and the roads are damp when the temperatures drop we could end up seeing some icy conditions on the roads which is something to watch out for.'
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 6 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Plea for farmers to engage with public over footpath fears
- 10 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
The cold spell will continue into Saturday with the chance of wintry showers. Temperatures will increase to 3C or 4C in the afternoon.
Drizzle is forecast for the Sunday morning, followed by brighter patches in the afternoon.