Snow drifts block A140 and A149 as Storm Darcy batters Norfolk
- Credit: Victoria Lawrence
The main road between Norwich and north Norfolk coast is becoming blocked as police have warned people not to drive unless absolutely necessary.
Snow drifts have been reported on the A140 between Hevingham and Marsham as Storm Darcy continues to deliver snow across the region.
Broadland Police said the road should be avoided as it was becoming unpassable.
The road is also slow just south of Alby with Thwaite.
North Norfolk Police have also said the A149 between Cromer and North Walsham is blocked at Gunton due to drifting snow.
The police said problems were widespread across the area and travel should be avoided if possible.
The police said: "We are receiving reports that a number of roads are blocked and unpassable this morning due to the current weather conditions. Please don't drive unless you have to."
In light of the bad weather, North Norfolk District Council and Breckland District Council have suspended bin collections in their respective areas today.
- Keep up to date with all the latest travel news via our live traffic map
- 1 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 2 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 3 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 4 Restaurant boss U-turn after row over trial shift pay
- 5 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 6 Electric scooter riders arrested for drink-driving
- 7 Man died after lorry crashed into litter picking vans on A11
- 8 Tiny baby saved by 120-mile flight in 'wrong' helicopter
- 9 Norfolk to feature in Steven Spielberg's Second World War TV series
- 10 Driver may have fallen asleep before fatal crash, inquest hears