Snow could be on its way to Norfolk this weekend as temperatures drop overnight
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Snow could be on its way to Norfolk on Sunday as the temperatures plummet to below freezing overnight.
Dan Holley, forecaster at Weatherquest in Norwich, said cold temperatures, combined with rain from the Atlantic, could result in snow tomorrow afternoon.
He said if the air is cold enough, up to two centimetres of snow or slush could fall over West Norfolk from around lunchtime.
But he added there was a '50 percent chance' the weather front could remain as rain.
Mr Holley said by the late afternoon any snow will turn back to rain as temperatures increase.
You may also want to watch:
The east coast of Norfolk is not forecast to see any snow.
Temperatures are forecast to drop to around -2C on Saturday night for many parts of Norfolk. It is expected to increase to around 2C to 3C on Sunday.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 7 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 8 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move
However, by Sunday evening and into Monday morning, the temperatures will rise to around 6C.