Snow could be on its way to Norfolk this weekend as temperatures drop overnight
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Snow could be on its way to Norfolk on Sunday as the temperatures plummet to below freezing overnight.
Dan Holley, forecaster at Weatherquest in Norwich, said cold temperatures, combined with rain from the Atlantic, could result in snow tomorrow afternoon.
He said if the air is cold enough, up to two centimetres of snow or slush could fall over West Norfolk from around lunchtime.
But he added there was a '50 percent chance' the weather front could remain as rain.
Mr Holley said by the late afternoon any snow will turn back to rain as temperatures increase.
The east coast of Norfolk is not forecast to see any snow.
Temperatures are forecast to drop to around -2C on Saturday night for many parts of Norfolk. It is expected to increase to around 2C to 3C on Sunday.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 3 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 4 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 5 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 9 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 10 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
However, by Sunday evening and into Monday morning, the temperatures will rise to around 6C.