Snetterton charity race day returns to beat £20,000 total for five charities
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
A full throttle charity race day is all revved up to beat last year's fundraising total of £20,000 as it returns to the grid this year.
Charity Sporting Events returns to Snetterton on November 23 for its passenger ride and charity motor show, giving motorsport fans another chance to speed their way around the circuit in support of five local charities.
People will have the chance to experience three laps round the circuit in a range of cars including everything from Porsches and Ferraris, to household names such as Fords and Citroens.
Organiser Shawn Taylor said his team had to work 'night and day' to get the event up and running, with money going to the British Heart Foundation, Big C Cancer, the East Anglian Air Ambulance, East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) and Norfolk Accident and Rescue Service (NARS).
'We're thrilled to be back this year and it's always a great event.
You may also want to watch:
'We're there to make it bigger and better every year, but we can only do that with people's support so I would encourage everyone to turn out, have some fun, and raise as much as possible for these wonderful causes,' he said.
This year's event will be the first time it has taken place on Snetterton's 300 circuit, allowing for a longer lap in the cars.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 8 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 9 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR
Prices for the circuit experience start from £20 for classic cars, with race cars starting from £40. Supercars start from £60.
As well as the chance to get on the track, there will also be an opportunity for car and motorcycle lovers to get a look at some rare and high-value vehicles.
The event is on from 8am to 4pm.
For more information on the event, go to www.charityse.co.uk
Are you holding a charity event we need to know about? Let us know by emailing reporter Andrew Fitchett on firstname.lastname@example.org