Sneak peak at The Rock’s Fighting With My Family as filming gets underway
- Credit: Archant
Dwayne Johnson isn't wasting any time with his passion project Fighting With My Family as filming got underway earlier this week at the Staples Centre in Los Angeles.
As WWE show RAW aired live on Monday, February 20, The Rock and members of the film's cast and crew waited backstage with a special surprise for audience members - they were all going to be in the film.
Shooting the big finale, Paige's championship clash against AJ Lee which saw her crowned 2014 Divas Champion, the team waited until the end of the programme to make the most of the packed arena.
Fans have since shared photos and clips from the scene, which featured Florence Pugh as Norwich-born wrestler Paige, Thea Trinidad as AJ Lee and Tessa Blanchard as Pugh's stunt double.
MORE: Ready to rumble! First look at Florence Pugh as Paige in The Rock's Fighting With My FamilyMany said they enjoyed hearing AJ's theme music once again (the professional wrestler retired from in-ring competition in 2015), while others were confused by Trinidad's costume which was not in keeping with AJ's regular style.
You may also want to watch:
AJ Lee, real name AJ Mendez Brooks, commented that she had 'never looked hotter'.
Vince Vaughn has also been spotted filming scenes for the movie on the sands of Long Beach, California.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
No announcement has yet been made as to whether the production team will be stopping off in Norwich, but actress Aqueela Zoll, who is portraying a WWE Diva in the movie, tweeted she will soon be 'heading to the UK' to continue filming.
Written and directed by Stephen Merchant, the movie will shine a spotlight on the Knight family and daughter Paige's journey to superstardom.