Smoke bomb set off in London Street, Norwich
- Credit: Danielle Prostrollo
A smoke bomb has been set off in Cosmo in London Street, Norwich.
Fire crews were rushed to reports of a building on fire to discover it was a false alarm caused by the smoke bomb.
Diners were evacuated from the building after a green smoke bomb was found in the toilets at around 8.20pm.
Danielle Prostrollo was at the restaurant at the time.
She said: 'My friends and I figured it was a smoke bomb in the toilets because my friend was in there with her two kids and said there was green smoke coming from the bin.
'We left pretty quickly after we were evacuated from the restaurant.'
Witnesses say they saw a group of young people running out of the toilets moments before the alarm went off.
- 1 See inside this idyllic family home up for sale with NO nearby neighbours
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 Thousands expected to attend huge four-day steam extravaganza
- 4 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 5 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 6 EXCLUSIVE: The faces behind City's prospective US investment
- 7 Multiple fire crews tackle farm blaze overnight
- 8 Former coastal restaurant up for auction
- 9 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 10 Part of A47 closed in both directions after crash
A crew from Carrow and a crew from Earlham Fire Station rushed to the scene at 8.42pm this evening.
No action was required from the crews.