Smoke bomb set off in London Street, Norwich
- Credit: Danielle Prostrollo
A smoke bomb has been set off in Cosmo in London Street, Norwich.
Fire crews were rushed to reports of a building on fire to discover it was a false alarm caused by the smoke bomb.
Diners were evacuated from the building after a green smoke bomb was found in the toilets at around 8.20pm.
Danielle Prostrollo was at the restaurant at the time.
She said: 'My friends and I figured it was a smoke bomb in the toilets because my friend was in there with her two kids and said there was green smoke coming from the bin.
You may also want to watch:
'We left pretty quickly after we were evacuated from the restaurant.'
Witnesses say they saw a group of young people running out of the toilets moments before the alarm went off.
- 1 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 2 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 3 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 4 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 5 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 6 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 7 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 8 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
A crew from Carrow and a crew from Earlham Fire Station rushed to the scene at 8.42pm this evening.
No action was required from the crews.