Smallburgh Six raise £1,200-plus for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices
- Credit: Archant
Half a dozen north Norfolk artists have raised more than £1,200 for East Anglia's Children's Hospices with their creative efforts.
The Smallburgh Six - Tricia Pugh, Pam Loveday, Mary Williams, Liz Sparrow, Elizabeth Purdy, and Marcia Paterson - held an open studio and artist at work event in Smallburgh Village Hall over a weekend earlier this month.
Attractions included paintings and postcards for sale, a bring and buy stall, art books and materials for sale, and a raffle.
The six women hold the event every other year and their last, in 2014, raised just over £1,000 for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Spokesman Marcia Paterson said they all wanted to thank those who had supported them and shown great generosity.
You may also want to watch:
She added: 'Despite the heavy showers we had lots of visitors and the atmosphere was warm and friendly.'
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 5 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 City draw up target list