Skoda’s powerful presence in large SUV sector
- Credit: Skoda
The Skoda Kodiaq, which makes its world premiere in September, makes a strong statement with a combination of powerful design and generous space.
Jozef Kaba?, Skoda's head of design, and his team have opted for a striking design language for the Kodiaq, which transfers the brand's new design style into the sport utility vehicle segment with clear, precise and sharp lines with the highly-recessed shoulder line and sculptured rear section accentuate its sporty, robust SUV character.
The long wheelbase and short overhangs point to the spacious interior with an optional third row of two extra seats.
With its clear design, the interior continues the striking look of the exterior with an elegant character. The large display splits the instrument panel into two equal sections for the driver and passenger. The front of the instrument panel is three-dimensional and divided into two areas.
Mr Kaba?said: 'Skoda is becoming much more emotive.
You may also want to watch:
'The Skoda Kodiaq is a pioneer for our brand in two respects. We are entering a new segment with our first large SUV above the Yeti. And, at the same time, the Kodiaq is the first model with the new Skoda SUV design language.
'It is exceptionally spacious and, with compact external dimensions, it delivers the best overall package in its class. It is also robust, suits all types of terrain and offers the best flexibility and functionality.'
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 5 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 6 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 7 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 8 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 9 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week