Six people, including three children, injured in crash near Blundeston
SIX people were injured in a two-vehicle road crash at Flixton.
The emergency services were called to the B1074 at Flixton, between Oulton and Blundeston, just after 5.10pm last night (Sunday).
A police spokesman said: 'We were called along with the fire service and ambulance service to Flixton, near Lowestoft, at 5.12pm to reports of a two-vehicle collision between a red Citroen Xsara and a blue Renault Megane.'
One woman suffered spinal injuries, which were described by police as 'serious' but are not thought to be life changing, and a woman in her 60s suffered facial injuries.
The police spokesman added that 'there was a man, a woman and three children' in one of the vehicles, and the three children were taken to hospital with minor injuries.
One crew from Lowestoft North fire station, and two crews from Lowestoft South attended the scene. A spokesman for the brigade said: 'Crews worked with other emergency services at the scene to release one casualty.'
A local resident who lives 100 metres from the accident heard the crash and reported it to police. The road was closed while the scene was cleared and the police spokesman added that the road was eventually re-opened 'just after 8pm.'
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 NCFC LIVE: Missed chance for City against 10-man Newcastle
- 10 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash