Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Six schools in Norwich have announced partial or full closures due to confirmed coronavirus cases.
Colman Infant School, in Colman Road, will be closed fully due to coronavirus cases until December 7, and will continue teaching online in the meantime.
Colman Junior School, on South Park Avenue, will be open to all pupils except in year 4.
At Catton Grove Primary School a partial closure was announced on Friday, November 20, for its Caterpillars class. Pupils will be able to return on Friday, December 4.
Little Plumstead Church of England Primary School is partially closed to pupils in years four and five.
You may also want to watch:
Due to a member of staff being required to self-isolated, a year two bubble at Magdalen Gates Primary School have been asked to stay at home and continue learning online.
In a letter to parents, headteacher Chris Hutchinson said the closure would last until December 10, with children able to return to school on Friday, December 11.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
Mr Hutchinson wrote; "We recognise that this has a huge impact on families, and it is a step which we do not take lightly. However, safety of our children, their families and our staff is our most important concern and we must follow the advice from Public Health England."
The school said pupils entitled to free school meals should contact the school office.
St Faiths Church of England Primary School, in Horsham Road, the school is closed to Chestnut class unless parents have been contacted.