Six men arrested by UK Border Agency officers in Thetford
Six men have been arrested for breaching the terms of their student visas following a raid on a Thetford house by the UK Border Agency.
Officers visited an address in Rosecroft Way, Thetford, at around 7pm on Thursday.
Checks revealed that six men had no permission to be in the UK having overstayed their student visas.
The men, aged 22, 24, 25, 29 and 31, were all from India.
All have been transferred to UK Border Agency detention pending their removal from the country.
You may also want to watch:
UK Border Agency officer Kieran Bower said: 'We are working hard to track down immigration offenders and urge members of the public to get in touch with us if they have any information about suspected illegal immigrants or companies that are employing illegal workers.'
Anyone who has information on suspected immigration offenders can visit www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/aboutus/contact/report-crime
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 6 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 7 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 8 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 9 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns
- 10 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham