Six men arrested by UK Border Agency officers in Thetford
Six men have been arrested for breaching the terms of their student visas following a raid on a Thetford house by the UK Border Agency.
Officers visited an address in Rosecroft Way, Thetford, at around 7pm on Thursday.
Checks revealed that six men had no permission to be in the UK having overstayed their student visas.
The men, aged 22, 24, 25, 29 and 31, were all from India.
All have been transferred to UK Border Agency detention pending their removal from the country.
You may also want to watch:
UK Border Agency officer Kieran Bower said: 'We are working hard to track down immigration offenders and urge members of the public to get in touch with us if they have any information about suspected illegal immigrants or companies that are employing illegal workers.'
Anyone who has information on suspected immigration offenders can visit www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/aboutus/contact/report-crime
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park