Six men arrested by UK Border Agency officers in Thetford
Six men have been arrested for breaching the terms of their student visas following a raid on a Thetford house by the UK Border Agency.
Officers visited an address in Rosecroft Way, Thetford, at around 7pm on Thursday.
Checks revealed that six men had no permission to be in the UK having overstayed their student visas.
The men, aged 22, 24, 25, 29 and 31, were all from India.
All have been transferred to UK Border Agency detention pending their removal from the country.
You may also want to watch:
UK Border Agency officer Kieran Bower said: 'We are working hard to track down immigration offenders and urge members of the public to get in touch with us if they have any information about suspected illegal immigrants or companies that are employing illegal workers.'
Anyone who has information on suspected immigration offenders can visit www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/aboutus/contact/report-crime
- 1 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 2 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 3 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
- 4 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 5 Drivers ‘lucky to walk away’ as cars overturn
- 6 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 7 North Norfolk farmer who grew potatoes for Walkers crisps dies aged 92
- 8 Which new Covid tier could Norfolk be in?
- 9 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 10 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement